The Center for Governance and Public Management (CGPM) which is a part of the Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB) was created to contribute towards improving the governance and public management systems of Pakistan. The center produces research based policy recommendations for policy makers, civil servants and the general public. Another goal of CGPM is to strengthen the public service and civil sector institutions of Pakistan by developing their leaders and managers by providing knowledge compatible with current and future requirements of the country. The Center also acts as a place for constructive policy dialogue around important topics related to governance and public management.
Key Areas of Activity
- Produce research based policy analysis and recommendations for improving transparency, accountability and efficiency of governance and public management systems.
- Act as a place for constructive policy dialogue between key stakeholders including policy makers, civil servants, development professionals, social scientists and the general public.
- Capacity building of the public sector through trainings in leadership, public sector management, monitoring & evaluation and international best practices in institutional reforms.
- Education of undergraduate and graduate students in areas of public management, social policy and governance.
CGPM’s mandate is to offer academic programs and trainings and to conduct research in the area Public Management.
- Minor in Public Management
- Major in Public Management
- Master's in Public Management
Research & Publications
- Financial Mangement
- Fiscal Decentralization
- Monitoring & Evaluation